Unfortunately, baseball season is coming to an end and football season will start (please note the sadness in my words – I would much rather watch baseball than football. Just saying.)
But, football season means football parties and of course, the ultimate party – Super Bowl.
Being as we have the kids and our friends don’t, we usually host the Super Bowl party. (A) It is easier to keep the kids occupied at their own home and (B) we have a 55 inch television. Need I say more?
And we all know, you can’t have a football party without snackies so here are some of our favorite football party snacks:
* Lil’ Smokies and Meatballs in BBQ Sauce – an all time favorite tradition from when I was little. It still is one of my favorites and of course the easiest. Just purchase some of the Lil’ Smokies (the mini sausages) and some frozen meatballs. Put them in the crockpot, add the BBQ sauce and let them cook.
* Pickle Roll Up Dip – There is no excuse to not have this deliciousness at any party!
* Pizza Rolls – You can never go wrong with pizza rolls
* Chicken Wings – I prefer boneless, but hubby and Buggy prefer bone-in. Either way, they are a great treat for a football party.
* Taquitos – Again, a great frozen treat that you cannot go wrong with!
* Summer Sausage and Cheese – Another oldie, but goodie. Slice up some summer sausage and some cheese, add some crackers – a great snack!
* Bacon Wrapped Smokies – To. Die. For.
* Spinach Bread Bowl – This is one of my favorites from my past. You take a Hawaiin King Bread Bowl and carve out the middle to create a bowl. Tear up the bread you cut out of the middle and place around the outside of the bowl. Pour spinach dip into the actual bread bowl. Use the tore up bread to dip and when that is gone, you start on the bread bowl. It’s a delicious, no dishes necessary dish!
Then of course, there is always the beverages and the desserts which can easily be cookies, cookie bars (so much easier and less hassle than cookies!) or hubby’s favorite – rice krispy treats.
What are your favorite football part snacks?