When you are expecting, one of the important first steps is to begin taking prenatal vitamins to help ensure that baby is getting the essentials for their development – and development for a fetus is key in the first trimester.
- Some 70% of energy supply during fetal development is devoted to brain development during pregnancy
- Baby depends on the mother for its supply of DHA
- DHA deficiencies in the mother can impact brain development in the fetus
- Because of the critical need for DHA during a woman’s pregnancy most OB/GYNs urge expectant moms to take a multivitamin that includes adequate levels of DHA
Expecting baby #3, I knew that once I received the positive home pregnancy test, I had to make an appointment with the doctor and had to start taking prenatal vitamins to ensure healthy baby development.
For some, you can receive a prenatal vitamin via prescription from your doctor, but I have always found just what I needed over the counter.
- Costs less than most copays
I was also fortunate enough to receive Brainstrong Prenatal to try as a prenatal vitamin.
About Brainstrong Prenatal:
BrainStrong Prenatal is a complete prenatal multivitamin and DHA supplement that provides important nutrients for growing babies. BrainStrong Prenatal is for expectant and new moms and contains 350mg of algae-sourced life’sDHA, which helps a baby’s brain, eyes and nervous system develop. BrainStrong Prenatal contains up to 75% more DHA than other leading over-the-counter prenatal vitamins.
The DHA in BrainStrong Prenatal is from a natural vegetarian source, not fish as with other prenatal vitamins, so you get the benefits of DHA without the worry of ocean-borne pollutants and toxins potentially found in certain fish.
Brainstrong Prenatal comes with 30 DHA softgels and 30 multivitamins with the recommended use being one softgel and one multivitamin a day.
- BrainStrong is a complete prenatal multi vitamin with the highest level of folic acid and DHA available without prescription
- Up to 75% more DHA than other leading over-the-counter prenatal vitamins
One thing that did concern me was that the softgels were, for lack of better wording, huge. I do not do well with taking larges pills when I am not pregnant, but when I am pregnant, my gag reflex is a million times worse so a large pill like that is very difficult for me to swallow.
On the positive side, Brainstrong Prenatal provides assurance that expectant moms are doing everything to support a healthy pregnancy and baby. In addition, Brainstrong Prenatal is from a vegetarian source, not fish, so no fear of potential contaminants (I don’t know about you, but when I hear DHA, I immediately think of Fish Oil).
If swallowing pills is not an issue, I would highly recommend Brainstrong for any expectant mothers and I will use Braingstrong Prenatal as a basis for future prenatal vitamins for myself (or until I find smaller softgels from Brainstrong!)