The Recall Epidemic
Every year millions of products get recalled. More than 85 million products and vehicles were recalled in 2010 alone. Almost 50 million out of these posed a direct threat to child safety. Wow, right? There have been several cases of accidents and even deaths of infants due to defective cribs, strollers and other child products. The problem is that people do not find about these recalls. Millions of defective products which pose a threat to families are still in their homes.
SafetyBook is a home inventory tracker and product recall monitor. You can privately register your products with SafetyBook. SafetyBook will monitor them and send you Direct-AlertTM notification when your item is recalled. SafetyBook helps protect you and your family from dangerous recalled products and provides you with peace of mind.
Users can register up to 3 products for FREE or get a lifetime membership for unlimited product registration for $18 only.
- 24/7 Monitoring: SafetyBook instantly checks your product safety status at registration, then monitors those items for safety changes moving forward.
- Private & Secure: Your product registry is not shared or sold to third parties. SafetyBook provides bank–level data security and industry–leading identity protection.
- Registration Chain™: Selling something or giving it away? No problem. Easily preserve SafetyBook monitoring by transfer registered products to the new owner via email.
- Home Insurance Inventory: Easily add images or your products and/or receipts to build a printable inventory of major home goods in the event of an insurance claim.
- Lost & Found: Generate your own custom ID code and stick it on your valuable items. Should someone find it, they simply enter your code on SafetyBook and can alert you that they’ve found it.
- Member Forums/Reviews/Chat: Participate in SafetyBook forums and chat live with other members; research product reviews from certified members you can trust.
This is pretty neat! I was able to set up an account and immediately put our vehicles into my SafetyBook. (And find out there were 5 recalls for our make and model of our car and 2 recalls for our make and model of our van.) You can add vehicles, household appliances and child products. Shoot, the only thing that came to mind that they didn’t have was animal products!
You can also search a particular product for a recall through their “Product Recall Search”. All in all, I think this is a great program to use to help keep track of the important things like recalls. And what parent has time (or organization) to keep track of all their products!? I know I don’t!
Head on over to SafetyBook where you can sign up for free and register 3 products OR you can use coupon code LEELS50 for 50% off lifetime membership (coupon code expires May 31st 2012).