So I had heard Tiffany at Fabulous Finds by Tiffany did a 20 Things post. It peeked my interest.
Then, Angela at About a Mom did her 20 Things post. That was the final straw. I wanted to do one. (Peer pressure. I wanted to be a part of the “cool girl club”.)
Looking at their posts, they were inspired by Crissy at Dear Crissy.
So… here are 20 Things You Didn’t Know About Me (But Do Now!)
1. I like to be spontaneous, but I have to have lists and I hate change. I’m a contradiction! I love being spontaneous, last minute, pack up the kids and lets just go. But at the same time, I have to have a list of everything to keep organized and if things change – chances are I will have a mini break down. I hate change – especially if it is change that I cannot control.
2. I am not a fan of theme parks. Once upon a time, I loved roller coasters and tilt-a-whirls as much a the next person, but once I hit a certain age (and it was before motherhood) I just couldn’t stomach them. I have a hard time wanting to go to Disney with the kids when I know I wouldn’t survive the rides.
3. I live for being under pressure. If I don’t have a million things on my plate at one time keeping me stressed out and moving forward – I’m nothing!
4. I once “borrowed” my mother’s mini van… when I was 15. My best friend and I took it for a joy ride to friends’ houses. Okay, maybe not once. The first time was to two different friends’ houses. The second time was to one friends’ house and then he was driving us to the mall when we got caught by my best friend’s dad. Let’s just say – being caught by him was worse than being caught by the cops!
5. I almost got kicked out of school my junior year. My best friend and I skipped far too much school together. Needless to say, by the time senior year rolled around, I was ahead of my class and got to take a light schedule.
6. My biggest fear in life is death. I have feared death as long as I can remember. I have lost too many loved ones in my life to not fear death (last count was nearly 20 loved ones lost).
7. I have always dabbled in lyrics, poems, and short stories. I would love to actually write a book one day.
8. I am addicted to co-ops. I dont even remember how I found them and joined in, but when I became pregnant with Lil Miss last year, I stumbled into one. If not for my co-op addiction, I wouldn’t have #9.
9. I am addicted to cloth diapers. Hubby could kill me. I have so many cloth diapers. And I can’t stop buying them!
10. I am an incredibly picky eater. Aside from bacon and sausage, I don’t eat pork (and I am very picky about my bacon). I rarely eat steak (literally maybe one or two times a year and it’s a specific cut and cook). I am not a fan of chicken, but have been expanding my chicken menu as of late. I love beef, but am fairly picky on how it is done (ground beef is good, beef roast is okay so long as it’s not fatty or chewy). Let’s just say, if it’s not ground beef – we need to discuss it.
11. I may appear to or come off as the biggest b-word you will ever meet, but I promise you, I am the most overly sensitive person you will ever meet.
12. My favorite pizza is pepperoni and green olives.
13. I am the type of person that unless you were there and saw it yourself, chances are, it’s not real or has been shared so many times that the facts have been blurred.
14. I am probably one of the most inpatient people you will ever meet.
15. I hate hearing babies cry. None of mine were ever “cry it out” babies. I cannot stand to hear them cry. It increases anxiety.
16. I am far too loyal – in work and friendships. In the past almost 7 years, I have worked from home many times and even accepted work related calls on weekends – even Sundays! I will drop what I am doing to help a friend in a time of need. That’s just the kind of person I am (even though I try not to sometimes!)
17. I have broken one bone in my entire life – one of my big toes. When I was 4ish. I dropped one of my uncle’s dumbbell weights on it and they didn’t know it was broken until the next morning when I couldn’t get out bed!
18. I worked at the MN Renaissance Festival for a couple of years. I also worked at a horror theme park called Spooky World for a couple of years.
19. I am a beyond huge Betty Boop fanatic. I have been collecting Betty Boop since I was little. My collection involves everything from clothing to jewelry to decor to tattoos.
20. I have 7 tattoos and have had a total of 10 piercings. I hope to one day get more ink and I currently only have 3 piercings remaining.