2011 was a tough year that I am glad to not relive. With all that happened, 2012 has to be better right?
– In February, I had a break that led to me quitting my second part time job. While not detrimental, having my “breaks” really is not enjoyable. (Read my post on Reducing the Stigma to gain further understanding.)
– My father passed away in May… May 20th to be exact. It was a phone call I had been dreading for years,
and it finally came. He was 56 years old… I will have to post on that another time, but in the end, let’s just say alcohol did him in (he died of cirrhosis of the liver).
– The death of my father included my family of 4 driving from Arizona to Minnesota so that I could deal with the funeral decisions (I am the only child and he has no other immediate relatives still alive besides some cousins).
– All year, we (as well as every other person) have struggled financially, but I think I am finally learning to get that under control.
– In October, my son began the early stages of what we would learn at the end of November would be Valley Fever. Check this post out here at My 3 Year Old Has Valley Fever.
– On December 19th, my 5 year old had a seizure. That was a fun way to start the holiday season… really, check out that post… craziness I tell you!
– Lastly, the holidays were really tough this year and not enjoyable- at all. Next year, no presents are allowed in my house. I have learned that my kids are just far too ungrateful.
So, all in all, it wasn’t a horrible year, but is certainly can be better in 2012!