WHAT IT IS
Callista’s Ramblings is hosting a Blogathon for any blogger to join in and get things done. It’s a 72 hour blogathon but you aren’t expected to blog for 72 hours straight! Do as much as you can in that time period. If you can do 24 hours straight, awesome! If you can only do one day great. If you want to do all three days but still sleep 12 hours, great. Whatever you can do. If you can only do 2 hours during the whole event, you are still welcome to join. The idea is to set aside as much time as you can to work on your blog.
WHEN IT IS
This one is Mar 9-11, 2012. Callista’s Ramblings is planning on hosting 2 a year, one in Winter and one in Summer. Next year’s winter one will be earlier in the winter. She is thinking perhaps January/February and June/July.
WHAT DO I DO
What can you do? Anything! Some ideas:
- Transfer your blog to wordpress (if you want)
- Write up some blog posts and schedule them.
- Catch up on reviews or other posts.
- Start a new blog meme or event
- Brainstorm ideas for blog.
- Start a Social Media profile you don’t have yet./
- Change the Design/Template of your blog.
- Do the “paperwork” of having a blog
- Moderate/Pick Winners of Giveaways that have ended.
- Review an Item
- Clean up your labels/tags
- Read about blogging
As you can see it doesn’t have to always involve the blog directly, maybe not even the computer. You could be sorting review items in your house, brainstorming with pen and paper, or cleaning up your email box.
Even though we enjoy blogging, there are some parts of it that overwhelm as at times. So there will be some incentive for you.
- There will be mini challenges! A chance to learn something new about an aspect of blogging.
- There will be prizes!
There are three different sign ups below. You can sign up for one, two or all three. Make sure you sign up as a participant or you won’t be eligible for prizes. You can sign up as a mini challenge host and not participate in the blogathon but if you want to do both, sign up for both.
Head on over to Callista’s Ramblings to sign up and get the full details of the event!