It is Christmas Eve Eve. I want to take a moment to wish you all a very merry Christmas and take some time out to remember what I am thankful for.
I am NOT a fan of Christmas. I never have been since I was a little girl. It has never been a good time of year for me. But as I sit here and read other posts where people feel sorry for themselves, I am reminded of the positives in my life…
– I have a wonderful husband of 6 years. We just celebrated 8 wonderful years of togetherness. Who would have thought I would have been so lucky to find him.
– I have a beautiful healthy almost 6 year old daughter who (thank God and the Angels watching over her) is not only alive, but is healthy as well (I will post next week on that situation).
– I have a handsome healthy 3 1/2 year old boy who regardless of his “nasty days” is the most loving and adorable little boy I have ever met.
– I have a best friend who has been there for me through everything in the past 11 years.
– I have in-laws that I could not ask for a better family of people. My children and I are lucky to have such a great family to call our own.
– I have a job. Two, actually.
– I am blessed with animals who I adore.
– I am blessed with a roof over our head, food on our table, and clothes on our back.
I am fortunate enough to take little things for granted even on my worst days. But this holiday season, I know there are others out there who need things more than I do and who have less than I do. So as I sit here and recount my blessings, my thoughts and prayers go out to those who have less than me. And I ask that if you are one of these people, please send me an email and if there is anything I can do for you outside of prayer, I will try my hardest.
Merry Christmas to all and God bless!