As most of you are aware by now, I am doing a 6 months weight loss program with Shaklee’s #Cinchspiration program.
Today was day one so I needed a healthy dinner meal that tastes good (yes, I refuse to eat something if it’s nasty!)
Fortunately for me, I used to work in residential treatment and there were always fresh ideas for meals!
Let me introduce you to Spinach Salad!
I hear you whining! Stop it! It is delicious and has a variety of options, all of it keeping your caloric intake under 203 calories!
- Raw Spinach Leaves – hubby bought a bag of the raw spinach leaves and the bag stated that 3 ounces (approximately 3 cups) was 20 calories – I used probably 1 1/2 cups maybe = 10 calories
- Scrambled Eggs – according to the information I have found, consensus says that one large egg is 75 calories – I would say I ate the equivalent of one whole egg = 75 calories
- Bacon – 1 piece of regular bacon is 44 calories; 1 piece of turkey bacon is 35 calories – you can choose either one – I used the equivalent of maybe one piece of regular bacon (I had excess calories to still use and personally, I do not see much of a different for 9 calories)
- Ranch dressing – 2 tablespoons of regular ranch is 130 calories – I used one tablespoon (yes, I measured) so that was 75 calories. Option: Purchase some Walden Farms ranch dressing (usually found at Sprout’s stores or you can find it online). It has ZERO calories (in fact, the entire Walden Farms line has ZERO calories and they have everything from different dressings, syrup, chocolate sauce, caramel, etc!)
All in all, my dinner was 203 calories! If you cut out the ranch or use Walden Farms, that reduces 75 calories. Use turkey bacon, that reduces it again 9 calories! You’re looking at a yummy dinner and 119 calories!
Here are the directions… super easy!
Make your scrambled eggs, set aside.
Cut up your bacon up into little pieces and cook. (Be sure to drain the fat – hubby used a strainer over a bowl so that it would collect after he removed it from the pan.)
Assembly can be one of two ways:
Put your spinach leaves in an individual bowl, add eggs, bacon and ranch (optional) OR (I did this with our leftovers) put all the spinach leaves into a large container, add the eggs and the bacon, mix it up and serve individually.
Hubby and I each had one bowl and we had enough left over for me to have a second meal tomorrow and possibly the next day (if no one else eats it!)
- Raw Spinach Leaves
- Scrambled Eggs
- Ranch dressing
- Make your scrambled eggs, set aside.
- Cut up your bacon up into little pieces and cook.
- Drain the fat.
- In a bowl, add spinach leaves, eggs, bacon and ranch (optional).
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as part of the Shaklee Corporation’s Team #Cinchspiration Campaign. I have received free products, online support and incentives for participating. My opinions are my own.