My step dad was the first to ever make this kielbasa chili recipe for me growing up and now, it is the only chili I make.
This Kielbasa Chili recipe has the perfect blend of flavors, and as you can see, I like mine topped with a little sour cream and cheese for a perfect bowl on a gloomy cold day!
Kielbasa Chili Recipe
1lb ground beef
1/2 lb Hillshire Farm Polska Kielbasa sausage (we use 1 pound)
2 medium onions (this is in my stepfather’s recipe; we do not use onions in ours)
2 minced garlic cloves
29 ounce can of tomato sauce
2 – 15 ounce cans of red kidney beans
1/2 cup water
1-2 tsps chili powder (you can add more if you prefer more of a kick)
1/2 tsp pepper
Your favorite chili toppings
In a saucepan, put the ground beef, kielbasa sausage, onions and minced garlic.
Cook over medium heat until beef is browned.
Stir in tomato sauce, kidney beans, water, chili powder, and pepper.
Bring to boil.
Turn down heat and simmer one hour, stirring occasionally.
Optional: I top my kielbasa chili with sour cream and/or shredded cheese (the image above is hubby’s bowl. He adds shredded cheese, but not sour cream.)
Extra Optional: This kielbasa chili recipe makes a great slow cooker dish as well. Instead of bringing to a boil and simmering for one hour, you can put it in your slow cooker on low for the day and it will be perfect at dinner time!
- 1lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb Kielbasa sausage
- 2 medium onions
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 29 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 – 15 ounce cans of red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-2 tsps chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Your favorite chili toppings
- In a saucepan, put the ground beef, sausage, onions and minced garlic.
- Cook over medium heat until beef is browned.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in tomato sauce, kidney beans, water, chili powder, and pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Turn down heat and simmer one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Optional: We top with sour cream and/or shredded cheese