So I feel dorky, but come on now! It is my first blog award! And I have only been blogging (seriously) for the past 3 weeks.
Debbie at Designed Expressions filled my heart with joy when she awarded me the Kreative Blogger Award! (Again, feeling dorky… giving my acceptance speech! LOL) I am so new to the blogging experience, but have been following Debbie not only at Designed Expressions, but also on her forum at Home to Home Moms and her cute little Candy in Disguise. Recently, she has been helping me a ton with my first ever blog giveaway! She has really been very kind and I am so overwhelmed with my geeky happiness at being given my first blog award!
Thank you, thank you, thank you Debbie for awarding this to me!
The rules of the award state: Thank the person who gave you the award, share 7 things about yourself, and give the award to 7 blogs!
So… here are 7 things about me (I am trying not to repeat the same 15 things I put in my Day 15 of the 30 Day Challenge.
1. I am an open book. I am not afraid to say anything that I feel or share past experiences. I have learned from everything that has happened to me in my past and I am always learning from others’ experiences. I hope my experiences may help someone else. If you have a question or want to know something- just ask!
2. I am not sure what is worse- having lived in 6 homes since marrying my hubby in 2005 (meaning my daughter who is 5 has lived in 6 homes) or that in the almost 8 years we have been together, we have gone through 8 four legged animals (and only one of those 8 actually died and only 4 of the remaining 7 are still with our family).
3. I am terrified of animals and have been since I was little! And yes, funny enough, we have pets. It takes me awhile to warm up to an animal and not be scared, but I still fear a lot of (most) animals.
4. I fear pain more than anything in the world yet I have 7 tattoos, have had 13 piercings (only 5 remain), and attempted an at home water birth with my son.
5. I love, love, love to sing! I started choir when I was in the 6th grade and sang all the way through until 12th grade. I lettered in choir in high school! LOL. I love to sing! I sing to my kids all the time! I sing in the car- ALWAYS! I thought of auditioning for The Voice 2, but chickened out last minute.
6. I love being creative in the kitchen. I enjoy cooking, but my true passion is baking and decorating. (Hence, Occasional Cakes & Makes.
7. I find any type of crafting to be relaxing. I love making hand made gifts (also found at Occasional Cakes & Makes). For the past few years, I have made all Christmas presents hand made (blankets, bracelets, aprons, cookbooks, gift baskets, etc.)
Now for the blogs I feel deserve the Kreativ Blogger Award. These are blogs that I have truly enjoyed reading and hope you will visit them and enjoy them as much as I do!
- Holly’s House… not a perfect mom’s blog
- Mom’s Best Nest
- Totally Kid Times
- Mom 4 Real
- Lessons Learned
- Airing My Laundry, One Sock at a Time