Okay, let me explain. I am a force to reckon with. Anyone that knows me will tell you this. I hate being told what to do. I despise being forced to do something. I like to do things my way, freely. I guess that is what I am a blogger. I can do things my way, freely.
If you ask my mom, she will tell you that this hatred of reading started in 4th grade. I had an awful teacher that I did not get along with and we were forced to read. I despised it. In fact, I can honestly tell you, I have never (with the exception of maybe twice) read an entire book that was assigned to me in school. I hated reading from 4th grade up until about three years ago. No joke.
Three years ago, I finally got irritated with the Twilight fad. I had enough of hearing everyone talk about it. So, I picked up the first one and low and behold, couldn’t put it down. I finished all four books in the series in days. I have since grown quite fond of reading (what I want to read- not my school text books) and have quite a few favorites that I would LOVE to share with my readers!
– The Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. Blah, blah, say what you will, but I find them to be an excellent read.
– The Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harris (based of the show True Blood) Again great reads of the supernatural and without the sparkly vampires.
– Anything written by Charlaine Harris has been found to be a great read. She does some murder mystery series that I enjoy as well! She has yet to disappoint me!
– The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins. I read the first one right after it originally came out, not knowing it was part of a series. (I hate starting a series if I can’t have them all at once to read in succession.) It was def different than I usually read and at first was turned off by the actual story line, but once I got into it, I could not put it down.
– The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I have not seen the movie yet, although I want to. Based on the previews, I’m not sure I will like the movie, but I LOVED the book! Love really is an understatement.
– Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen. I loved the book and I loved the movie (I read the book before the movie). I loved the era it was set in, I loved the story, I loved everything about it!
– Anything by Nicholas Sparks is an absolute must read! I love all of his books!
– Anything by Jodi Picoult, again, is a must read! Be warned though, hers are very touching and may make you cry, but they are great, great books!
– The Alex Cross Novels by James Patterson are great books to read too. And there are so many of them! They are great murder mysteries that do not need to be read in order either.
There you have it. My favorite reads! What are your favorite reads? I would love to hear what you all are reading!