Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FoodMadeSimple #CollectiveBias
The night before the first day of school is no doubt chaotic. The kids are anxious to start school. Mom and dad are running around getting together last minute items.
While running around crazy prepping for the first day of school, I am happy that Nestle makes food made simple.
The night before the first day of school, we prep to make sure the morning goes as smoothly as possible.
* We get their backpacks out and fill them with the supplies necessary for the first day of school and sit them in the entry way by the front door. There is nothing worse than wondering where their backpack is while trying to walk out the door.
* We make sure shoes are together, ready, and by our backpacks. I lied above. There is absolutely nothing worse than not being able to find the shoe or both shoes when trying to walk out the door. (And regardless of my speech every day to put them where they belong, it happens at least once a week throughout the year that we can’t find one or another!)
* Before bed, we pick out their outfits – socks, underwear, pants and top – whatever they will need to wear gets pulled out and placed on their chair or dresser in their room. My 8 year old has been testing her boundaries so we have had a lot of “you’re not wearing that!” going on lately. It saves me a lot of time approving her outfit the night before instead of the morning of.
* Showers get done at night to reduce the “getting ready” period in the morning.
* Have a “food made simple” meal to reduce mom and dad’s stress of getting the kids ready for their first day!
We headed to Walmart to pick up some last minute essentials and grabbed some TOMBSTONE® Pizza, juice, and treats to have a mini pizza party to celebrate the first day of school.
It definitely reduced the anxiety and stress in the house as we got to relax and have fun as a family with our mini pizza party!
Everyone was involved in the mini party – even Baby Girl!
The kids are not fond of toppings and prefer cheese pizza, but mommy and daddy got a pepperoni and a sausage pizza for us. (The pizza makes great leftovers for lunch too! Buddy loves taking cold leftover TOMBSTONE® cheese pizza in his lunch the next day.)
The first day of school went smoothly in our home thanks to food made simple with our Nestle pizza party the night before!
What do you do the night before school starts to make the first day easier?