Disclosure: I participated in an Influencer Program on behalf of Mom Central for Revolution Foods. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item to thank me for participating.
Let’s be real for a moment. I don’t always pay attention to what I am feeding my kids and feed them convenient, low cost foods.
I am sure I am not the only one who does it, but I am trying to pay more attention to what goes into their bodies.
During the school year on the weekends and during the summer, I am known to grab whatever doesn’t cost me an arm and a leg, and feed it to my kids. A lot of the time, that means getting them foods that aren’t exactly good for them.
I decided to put together a quick list of foods that are easy to keep on hand for snacks and lunch (and have ingredients that we at least know what is in them!)
- Buddy loves carrots with ranch, or celery with ranch (or peanut butter).
- You can make your own ranch dressing and your own peanut butter.
- Not to mention growing your own makes them even healthier!
- We have a constant supply of bananas, apples, and oranges on hand. Strawberries when they are in season and watermelon during the summer.
- Prefer a dip with your fruit? I have salted caramel dip and a chocolate cheesecake dip!
- Good protein and delicious!
- String cheese is great for grabbing on the go!
Revolution Foods Meal Kits
- They’re convenient.
- They are great tasting (my kids loved them!)
- They are ready-to-eat which make them great for at school or on the go!
- They are perfect lunch meals at home during the summer or on the weekends!
Have you not heard of Revolution Food!?
Oh goodness. Let me tell you!
You can’t imagine my excitement when I learned about Revolution Foods.
Revolution Foods is a company founded by two moms that ignited a health food movement in schools nationwide.
Revolution Foods now offers Revolution Foods Meal Kits – natural, high quality ingredients, no artificial colors, flavors or preservatives. And!!! Each meal kit contains 7 grams of whole grains and 1 serving of fruit!
And it tastes delicious!
The Revolution Foods Meal Kits come in three varieties (ham and cheddar, turkey and cheddar, and cheese pizza). When we went to purchase ours at Safeway, they only had the turkey and cheddar kits and the cheese pizza kits.
Buddy picked out the Cheese Pizza Meal Kit (he doesn’t eat much meat so the others were off the table.)
To my shock – he loved it! There wasn’t anything on it that he didn’t like (which is rare!)
Buggy and I went with the Turkey and Cheddar Meal Kit.
Buggy loved hers, which was no surprise to me, but I have to admit, I was worried about myself (Buddy gets his pickiness from me, no doubt).
The “crunchy honey wheat crackers” were absolutely delicious.
The “bite-sized rBST-free cheddar cheese slices” were amazingly delicious (much better than the fake cheese that you usually get in most meal kits.)
The “oven roasted turkey” was really good and the “strawberry 100% fruit snack” was absolutely yummy!
Even for me – the Revolution Foods Meal Kits made a great snack for while I was working!
If you need help finding a store that carries Revolution Foods, you can check here. Still can’t find a store? You can petition for retailers to stock Revolution Foods!
Which meal kit would you like to try – the ham and cheddar, the turkey and cheddar, or the cheese pizza kit?