Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for LYSOL®. I received a promotional item to thank me for participating.
I can remember growing up, whenever someone got sick, my mom would spray down the entire house with Lysol. Everything from bed mattresses to doorknobs, the house would get a Lysol spray down.
It is no surprise that as a wife and mother myself, I too rely on Lysol to eliminate the sick germs in my house to help keep my kids healthier.
The goal, especially with a school aged child and a newborn all under one roof, is to prevent the sick germs from entering our home in the first place.
We have the hand sanitizer and we make washing hands a repeated chore, but what other things can we do to keep healthy?
Lysol shares some “healthing” tips to keep the germs at bay:
– Don’t overwhelm yourself with spring cleaning. Take it one room at a time and stock up on products that will help you get the job done effectively such as Lysol products, paper towels, sponges and trash bags.
– Know the difference between cleaning and disinfecting. It is comforting to know that Lysol kills 99.9% of germs!
– Wipe down easy to reach surfaces and then worry about the little nooks and crannies.
– Don’t forget the wall art, photographs and woodwork! (PS: I hate baseboards!)
– Remember the little surfaces too (doorknobs, light switches, oven/fridge handles, cabinet handles, faucet handles, toilet handles)
– If you can, make it a family activity that favors to the age groups. (I don’t know about anyone else, but unless it’s grandma’s house, my kids don’t clean!)
Lysol is connecting with 65,000 schools to promote healthy habits and good hygiene; providing educational programs that reach 50 percent of new moms with health and wellness related to caring for their newborns; and working with trusted third-party organizations to promote the ideas that Healthing embodies. Keeping healthy is important to reducing the illnesses and germs we share!
In addition, LYSOL and television personality Giuliana Rancic have partnered together to visit YMCAs in select markets across the country to demonstrate Healthing in action.
At each YMCA location, LYSOL will provide attendees with hands-on education about the products and steps required to practice improved hygiene habits in their own home, while making the idea fun and relatable to kids. LYSOL will also provide educational information and disinfecting products to the local YMCAs, along with the donation of a one-year membership to a deserving family.