Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper amplification for #CollectiveBias and its advertiser. #HealthcareClinic
From December 23rd until two months later, my family continued to pass around various illnesses that seemed to never want to end. It was during this time that I started thanking my stars for Walgreens Healthcare Clinic because it was during that two month stretch that we used Healthcare Clinic Phoenix 4 times!
By the second week of January, I had finally caught what the big kids were passing around. I had the worst ear and throat pain in the world and figured I had strep. This was visit #1 of 2014 to Walgreens Healthcare Clinic.
Luckily, with several Healthcare Clinics within a small radius of my home and knowing the wait times ahead of time, it was a quick trip to find out I had an ear infection. (Did you know adults can get ear infections because I certainly didn’t!)
The following week was hubby’s turn. He had finally caught something.
Trip #2 of 2014 was for hubby. He learned he had pink eye. Three days later he was back for visit #3 to be informed that his pink eye was not getting better. Unfortunately, the following week was visit #4. This time, hubby had strep.
I felt like I lived at the Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, but in all honesty, I didn’t mind because they are always so friendly (plus it’s cheaper and more convenient than a doctor’s office!)
To be honest, I prefer Walgreens Healthcare Clinic over a medical doctor’s office for several reasons:
- It is super convenient with several locations in the area.
- No matter where I am, the app can tell me the closest location via my cell phone GPS, or I can input the zip code of my location.
- I can schedule an appointment via the app so even if I’m already on the road, I can schedule an appointment to reduce wait time.
- Additionally, the app can tell me the wait time for each of the clinics in my area.
- The cost is less. I have learned that regardless of copay or paying out of pocket, the cost is less. Some insurance plans get a lower co-pays (we save $10) and the overall cost is less than a medical doctor office.
- Every time we have gone, the wait has been less than a medical doctor office.
- It is open later and on the weekends! Of the top 4 times I needed a Walgreens Healthcare Clinic, one was after normal business hours and one was on a Sunday. Convenient (especially if you have kids because you all know they wait until after hours or weekends to get sick!)
- Speaking of convenient, if you need a medication, you pick it up right there at the pharmacy. No more traveling to two locations for care and medication.
- They provide care for children 18 months of age and older!
Lucky for me, Walgreens Healthcare Clinic provides me with all I need to keep up with my little ones and enjoy the Spring weather that we have been so lucky to experience already!
Have you used Walgreens Healthcare Clinic? What’s your favorite aspect?