I was reading my emails and came across Shaping Up to be a Mom and her update of her bucket list. It reminded me that I had a bucket list that could probably use some updating.
Oh boy does it.
The last update was October of 2013!!
Let’s see what I’ve got for 2015 to tackle:
2. Pay enough on our van to refinance that stupid thing. Well, we didn’t exactly refinance, but we don’t own the stupid thing anymore so I guess that’s a win/win!
3. Stash away $10 per goal completed (stole this fab idea from Nap Time is My Time) I owe myself some money! LOL – Still failing at this!
4. Clean the garage! (We started at one point – just gotta finish! And as an update, we have started again, but again, have fallen off. Hence we have tubs stored in Buddy’s closet and boxes and tubs in the living room!) Again, started… and then stopped.
6. Lose 80 pounds. Still need to lose it!
7. Re-tile the entryway of our current home.
8. Re-do the entire kitchen area.
9. Re-tile the kitchen area.
10. Re-carpet the living room.
11. Re-do the floors in the dining room.
12. Buy a home… preferably this home.
13. Take the kids to the ocean (preferably NOT in January). We did it! In… August I think! We went to hubby’s grandma’s birthday party and then took our time coming home and stopped at Malibu Beach! I will never stop at Malibu again because the people were just insane, but we hit the beach and the kids loved it!
14. Finish painting the kids’ bathroom. Nope, still not done.
15. Write letters to each of my kids to read later in life.
16. Pay off my debt to my mother. Still working on that.
17. Pay off my debt to my father in law. Still a work in progress.
18. Go home for a vacation (not a wedding or funeral). We did that! We went home for Thanksgiving! It was great!
22. Lawn work to the backyard. Done. Needs to redone. LOL
24. Get a massage! Still haven’t gotten that far.
25. Create a reward system for the kids. I have gone through a few!
26. Write a post about my re-branding fiasco. Eh. Water under the bridge now.
28. Re-do my Media Kit. I did it! On my own too!
29. Get my PR back up to a 3. I’m not sure this is ever going to happen!
31. Reach 10K on my fan page. Once upon a time I was so close and then Facebook started being wonky and I lost 1000 fans! I still look forward to one day hitting 10K. I did it!
33. Trademark my blog. Working on that! For 2 blogs now!
34. Take the kids camping. Still on the top of our to-do list!
36. Blog about the Day Zero Project each week. Scratch that. I will do monthly as an update. One word: Fired.
37. Graduate my Master’s program! I’ll get back to that.
38. Decide what I want to be when I grow up. I’m so close I can taste it! See #46.
39. Do an A-Z recipe challenge for myself. Still need to work on that.
40. Clean and organize our room. It’s so bad, we can’t even get to our closet! HA!
41. Take the kids to play in the snow. All of them. Buggy has when she was 2, Buddy never has and Baby #3 clearly hasn’t. I want them all to experience snow at least once as a child. Not only did they get to play in the snow when we went to Minnesota for Thanksgiving, we actually took them to northern Arizona yesterday to play in the snow!
42. Figure out how to get myself to Ireland without a complete anxiety attack. Yeah… that’s still a work in progress.
43. Ditto to Australia too.
44. Participate in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day just to be able to say I did it. Not yet…
45. Participate in the overnight Out of the Darkness walk one of these years. Still on my list…
46. Start a non-profit for survivors of suicide. Still working on it…
47. Start a savings account. Started! (Although I think it’s empty!)
48. Start a savings account for each child. Done for all of them, but Baby Girl!
49. Write a book. Not yet…
50. Cross off at least 5 items before the end of 2013! Don’t know about 2013, but I certainly did for 2014.
51. Start saving money in our savings account.
52. Start a savings account for Baby Girl.
53. Be able to quit my job and make enough money from one or both of the blogs.
54. Attend a second conference.
55. Minimize. I want to live a more minimized lifestyle and that means ridding the house of clutter and junk!