Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringingInnovation #CollectiveBias
Earth Day is less than a month away and while Earth Day is a great day to get involved in doing things for our planet, I think it’s important to teach ways kids can live green every day – not just one day a year.
Ways Kids Can Live Green
- Turn off lights when you leave the room.
- Turn off electronics (t.v., video game consoles, radios, etc.)
- Unplug appliances when not using them – it saves energy!
- Take short showers! (Keyword: short!)
- Turn off water while you brush your teeth.
- Plant a tree with your family. Especially if the tree can create shade for your home.
- Keep your windows and outside doors closed when going in or out! We aren’t heating/cooling the outside!
- Don’t keep the fridge door open! The same goes for the freezer!
- Reuse. It’s always fun to upcycle something!
- Make sure your lunch is packed in a lunch box/bag – not a paper bag. And use reusable snack bags instead of plastic disposable bags.
- Save paper by writing on both sides.
- Donate your toys, clothes, and shoes when you are done with them rather than throwing them away.
- Turn off toys and games that require batteries!
I know with kids, batteries can be a big deal.
I lost count how many toy’s Baby Girl got for the holidays that made noise and needed batteries. I can turn around at my desk and scan the living room and easily see 5 toys not in the toy box that need batteries. That isn’t counting the endless toys in the actual toy box!
When the batteries wear out, we throw them away where they end up in the landfill. There isn’t a nice way to dispose of them and there hasn’t been a nice way to make them.
I am actually quite excited because we go through a ton of batteries.
Energizer now has new EcoAdvance Recycled Batteries!
I had to run to Walmart last night and found the battery section over by the photo center (kind of makes sense, right? And fortunately for me, our photo center is on the way to the baby aisle!)
These new Energizer EcoAdvanced batteries are the first battery on the market to use recycled batteries and material. They are taking something old to make something new for us to use and even better – Energizer EcoAdvanced batteries holds up to 12 years in storage (although let’s be real – who has batteries that even last 12 months in storage!?)
EcoAdvanced batteries come in AA (the most used in our home) but also come in AAA for those odd ones that require the smaller size.